This page is all about travel products and services that we believe will help you in your journeys around the globe, while saving you time and money.
As you have figured out from my prior musings, I LOVE to fly, but I hate high airfare! Over the years, I have looked for ways to get cheap airfare, but fly with reliable airlines.
If you’re like me, are you always looking for the cheapest flight when you travel. But did you get the best deal when you were booking flights? Do you get frustrated when you see a cheaper deal after you’ve paid for your airline tickets? If you are, then I have good news for you.
The Insider’s Secret
Finally, an insider, who writes about travel for Forbes magazine, told me exactly what to do to make certain I would always get the best airfare, no matter where I want to go. If you’re like most people, you don’t want to apply for a new credit card just so you can eventually earn free air miles. Using the system I have discovered, you can fly for less without going stand-by.
Have you ever asked the person next to you how much they paid for their ticket? I have and, sometimes, mine cost less and sometimes it was vice versa. But, I never knew why. Because I was curious about what makes airfare prices vary so much, I started doing some research.
Here’s what I found out:
- Airlines change prices all the time, usually based on people’s search history
- Online booking companies do the same
- The concept of “Booking Zones” is unknown to most people
- A 54 day rule could apply to your booking
- Choosing the best dates to fly affects the price
- You can search the worst websites without knowing it
- Using the toolkit I discovered, you get the cheap airfare every time you fly
As with most things in life, there is a secret to knowing how to save money. This is one of those times.
What You Do Not Know Yet
There are many tips and tricks I’d like to share with you, including:
- Airfare alerts when price drops
- How to get a refund if the price drops after you’ve bought your ticket
- Why you should create a Price Tracker Worksheet
- How to hide your search history so prices stay lower
- The quickest way to cross-check for the lowest price
My Personal Recommendation
I found this toolkit to be the best way to find the cheapest airfare. On top of that, you can follow in my footsteps for less than $10.
To see more ways to save on travel, see our posts below.
Whether you are skiing in the mountains or planning a summer getaway, you are going to be spending a lot of time outside. This means that you will be exposed to the sun. The ultra violet rays are not always obvious and, yet, your skin absorbs them much quicker than you realize.
Some travelers forget to protect their skin which often results in long term damage and other possible issues. The last thing anyone wants to do is to ruin their vacation after getting burned in the sun. If you want to want to have a good vacation and avoid getting a sunburn, there are several solutions.
If you’re a redhead with fair skin like me, you may already aware of the negative effects that the sun can have on your skin. I was taught from day one not to go out into the sun for long periods of time, but even this advice was not sufficient.
When I Was Younger
When I was younger, I thought wearing long sleeved shirts when I was outdoors was sufficient. However, I soon discovered ultra violet rays go right through thin cotton sleeves and I ended up with a severe sunburn. Once I was at the beach for five hours without any sunscreen and got the worst sunburn of my life.
Later I discovered better ways to protect my skin.
Although I have tried many different types of sunscreen, one stands out above all of the others I have tried. It is easy to apply, has a high sun protection factor (SPF) and stays on longer than most other brands, and is water resistant, allowing you to stay in the water for up to 80 minutes.
The SPF that I use is 50; however, for people who don’t burn as quickly as I do, could easily use a lower SPF. You should consult your dermatologist to determine what is ideal for your skin type.
The Brand I Love Best
My favorite brand, Australian Gold sunblock, comes in a variety of SPFs, ranging from 4 to 50. Not only does it protect your skin, it is also reef safe, cruelty free, Paraben free, and PABA free. It provides broad spectrum (UVA and UVB coverage) while moisturizing and hydrating your skin.
UVA rays can prematurely age skin, causing age spots and wrinkles. The UVB rays are the ones that burn you and may lead to skin cancer.
Best of all, it is easy to apply and it is not sticky or gooey like some suntan lotions I’ve tried.
Once I started using Australian Gold SPF 50, I never burned again. I soon forgot how horrible sunburns can be. No more staying in bed for a whole week!
Vacation and Skin Care
Getting ready for vacation doesn’t just involve picking out your outfits and planning your trip. You also need to think about taking care of your skin. Choosing the right type of SPF sunscreen should be at the top of your list.
HOW TO STAY FOR FREE
Ever wanted to travel to somewhere new, but didn’t think you could afford the cost of staying in a hotel the whole trip? Perhaps you might be interested in knowing more about a lesser known idea than finding a cheap hotel that may not be very clean.
If you are a trustworthy individual, couple or even just friends who travel together, you can ditch the tradition of renting rooms in hotels, even if it’s only for one week or as long as months. You will need to have a clean police record.
Advantages to Becoming a House Sitter
House sitting is a new occupation and can be done almost anywhere you want to go. It could be in your home country, a nearby location or some exotic place. There are many advantages to house
- Every house and location is different
- You may be able to stay for free and SAVE MONEY
- You decide where you want to stay
- You pick the length of time you want to be wherever you are going
- Every homeowner is vetted (just as you are)
- You may have very few required chores
- You communicate directly with the property owner
- Photos of where you’ll be staying are available online
Why People Use House Sitters
Some individuals don’t like to have an empty home when they travel or are not able to be at home for periods of time. They may not want to rent out their house, especially since that usually involves rental agreements, agents, and too much paperwork.
If they rent out their house through a proper House Sitting agency, they are more comfortable leaving their possessions behind, knowing a dedicated house sitter will take care of their home for them when they’re away. They don’t have to ask their neighbors to look after their home for their either. Burglars are deterred because someone’s there.
Sometimes home owners cannot travel unless they can find a house sitter because they have pets that require feeding, exercising, etc. If the owners have pets that require care as part of the arrangements, their ads clearly state what animals they have and what kind of care is required.
How It Works
It actually is fairly simple to become either a House Sitter or a Home Owner who needs the services of a House Sitter.
- House Sitters and Home Owners sign up to the website (FREE)
- Online tips are provided to both owners and sitters
- Everyone provides profile information and references
- The website will obtain police clearances from every applicant
- Qualified House Sitters can search for specific locations or types of homes
- Verified Home Owners can look for House Sitters who want to stay in their area
- House Sitters and Home Owners are connected via an automated matching system
- House Sitters and Home Owners communicate directly to agree terms and length of stay
- Once agreement has been reached, further communications, are directly between Sitters and Owners
As you can see, this can easily be a Win-Win situation for both House Sitters and Home Owners. Each gets exactly what they want and are confident they are secure with the agreement they’ve made.
**>>For further information or to join today for free, CLICK HERE!<<**
Once you’ve tried it, you may never want to pay for a hotel room again!