Ever wanted to travel to somewhere new, but didn’t think you could afford the cost of staying in a hotel the whole trip? Perhaps you might be interested in knowing more about a way to travel rent free.
If you are a trustworthy individual, couple or even just friends who travel together, you can ditch the tradition of renting rooms in hotels, even if it’s only for one week or several months. Keep in mind, you will need to have a clean background.
Advantages to Becoming a House Sitter
House sitting is a new service that can be provided almost anywhere you want to go. It could be in your home country, a nearby location or some exotic place. There are many advantages to being a house sitter:
- Every house and location is different
- You may be able to stay for free and SAVE MONEY
- You find the house you like
- You pick the length of time you want to stay wherever you are going
- Every homeowner is vetted (just as you are)
- You may have very few required chores
- You communicate directly with the property owner
- Photos of where you’ll be staying are available online
Why People Use House Sitters
Some homeowners don’t like to have an empty home when they are away for extended periods of time. But, they may not want to rent out their house, especially since that usually involves rental agreements, agents, and too much paperwork.
If they rent out their house through a proper house sitting agency, they are more comfortable leaving their possessions behind, knowing a dedicated house sitter will take care of their home when they’re away. They don’t have to ask their neighbors to look after their home for them either. Burglars are deterred because someone’s on the property.
Sometimes home owners cannot travel unless they can find a pet sitter because they have pets that require feeding, exercising, etc. If the owners have pets that require care as part of the arrangements, their ads clearly state what animals they have and what kind of care is required.
How It Works
It is fairly simple to become either a house sitter or a homeowner who uses the services of a house sitter.
- House sitters and homeowners go to the website (sign up for FREE)
- Online tips are provided to both owners and sitters
- Everyone provides profile information and references
- The website will obtain police clearances from every applicant
- Qualified house sitters can search for specific locations or types of homes
- Verified homeowners can look for house sitters who want to stay in their area
- House sitters and homeowners are connected via an automated matching system
- House sitters and homeowners communicate directly to agree on terms and length of stay
- Once agreement has been reached, further communications, are conducted between sitters and homeowners
As you can see, this can easily be a win-win situation for both house sitters and homeowners. Each gets exactly what they want and are confident they are secure with the agreement they’ve made.
Once you’ve tried it, you may never want to pay for a hotel room again!